Bungay Marathon Information
We regret that we are unable to undertake our collection of old trainers & unwanted T shirts for Rwanda this year.
Pilch Sport & Outdoor will be at the Race H.Q. with 20% off all Running Clothing and Equipment.
- Race Date: Sunday 6th April 2014
- Closing date for entries: Postal (30 March). Online (1st April at 23:59)
- Half Marathon Start 12:30 pm, Marathon Start 10:30 am
- Time Allowed 3 hours (Half Marathon), 5 hours (Full Marathon)
- 2½ hour half-way cut off on Full Marathon
- Minimum age on race day 17 (Half Marathon) and 18 (Full Marathon)
- Entry Limit – 600 (Half Marathon), 400 (Full Marathon)
- Family Fun Run Start at 11:00 am (sorry, no dogs) See below for full information
- Full marathon £20 UKA affiliated*, £22 non-UKA affiliated, (+£3 on day)
- Half marathon £17 UKA affiliated*, £19 non-UKA affiliated, (+£3 on day)
- No refund of entry fee will be offered
- Entries on the day (cash only) close PROMPTLY at 9:45 (Full) and 11:45 (Half)
- Start and finish at Maltings Meadow, Nr Bungay, Suffolk. NR35 2RT
- Organised parking for competitors and supporters
- Enter Online or by Post click here
- Race Information and Entry List on website
- Collect Race Numbers and Timing Chips on the day. (Chip timing provided by Chip Timing UK)
- Male and female showering and changing facilities
- Medical and First Aid Support
- Medal and good bag for Half and Full Marathon
- Refreshments available for runners, friends and family
- BARR Gold Graded Race, Chip Timing, Baggage Facility
- View and order photos from event at http://www.digitography.co.uk/
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Open, the first in each veteran category wheelchair and club team prizes male and female. Jim Jervis prize for under 22 male and female
Only one prize per runner will be awarded (except u22)Male Open M40 M50 M60 M70 Female Open F35 F45 F55 F65 Wheelchair
Please read these instructions carefully and if you have any questions, do not hesitate and contact us at email@example.com.
Please collect your race number, timing chip and baggage label on the day of the race. A runner other than yourself must not use your race number. It must not be cut, folded or mutilated in any way and must be fastened securely to the front of your vest or top. Please fill in the personal information required on the reverse side including relevant medical information and contact numbers to aid race staff in the event of an emergency.
This race will be staged under UKA Rules (Licences 2013-104978 (half) and 2013-104977 (full)) and has been graded by the British Association of Road Races (BARR). As such it meets the highest approved standards of race organisation within the UK. The course measurement has been certified as accurate (09/020 (half) and 09/019 (full)) by a UKA approved course measurer.
No person (except a blind runner’s attendant) may accompany a competitor at any point on the course.
All competitors must compete on foot. Roller skates are prohibited. The course is suitable for wheelchairs. Competitors are advised to familiarise themselves with the course prior to entering.
The wearing of Earphones/iPods/mp3 players is banned and will lead to disqualification by the race referee. You will be running on the left hand side of the public highway during most of the race and as such we want you to be alert and aware of everything that is going on around you.
There are changing rooms, toilets and showers for both sexes in the Club House. There will be a sports masseur available pre- and post-race for those weary limbs. There will be a baggage storage facility but please remember you must present your race number to reclaim your baggage, no race number, no return. Please be aware that your baggage is stored by us at your own risk.
Please keep off the pitches, there is space around the perimeter.
For Marathon Runners Name/Race Number and Feed Station Number (see course map) on container – deliver to Late Entries by 9.45 please.
This is a one-lap course (half marathon) or two lap (marathon). It will be clearly marked at every mile. There are six water stations on the half marathon, thirteen on the marathon. You must run on the left on road sections and obey instructions and directions of the police and race marshals. The course will remain signed after the cut-off time; marshals will stand down.
Please remove your timing chip; in exchange you will be given your memento.
You can order a photograph of your efforts courtesy of www.digitography.co.uk website.
These will be posted as soon as possible on the race website.
Bar in Club House. Tea & Coffee
Other catering (food etc) outside.
St John’s Ambulance personnel will be present at the start/finish and along the course supported by the race doctor. If you develop medical problems please alert the nearest marshal and prompt assistance will be provided.
Remember do not run if you are feeling unwell, have been ill or have an injury. Keep well hydrated before, during and after the race. See Medical Advice
If anyone would like to help or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Fun Run
Cost: 13 years and under- £1.50; 14 years and above - £2.50: Family (2 x adults plus 3 x children) £7.50
All finishers will receive a medal and category winners, male and female, receive a trophy.
5 yrs and under; 6-8 yrs; 9-13 yrs; 14-17 yrs; Adult
Start time is 11.00 am