DOGGED: Distance Over Ground Gained with Extreme Determination.
Now in it’s fourth year January 1st 2019 was the start of a brand new DOGGED year for BBDRC members and ANYONE can win. Here is a brief reminder of the rules:
The following criteria must be satisfied for a race result to be valid:
* It is not just a social run.
* The results for the event are provided either by BBDRC, a UKA registered club or recognised timing organisation.
* The event must have a measured distance (Cross Country/off road events are based on organiser or Garmin estimates).
* Athletes finish the full course distance unassisted.
* The competition runs from January 1st to December 31st each year
* parkrun and similar organised events such as Great Run Local are eligible to be included
* Road races, cross country (with or without dogs), off road, running stages of Triathlons/Duathlons, Round Norfolk Relay stages are all eligible
* Ultra-runs will be included so long as the distance is completed within 26.2 hours (or mileage will be taken at that point in time)
* The competition cannot be won by the same athlete in two consecutive years.
The competition is not about speed, it is about distances completed. You could come last in every event you entered and still win as long as you rack up the mileage. It is to encourage club members to get out there and take part in as many diverse events as possible.
Paul Bird will continue to record DOGGED statistics this year. He will publish occasional updates in the club newsletter throughout the year and you can email him at PaulBird2@gmail.com for an update on your progress at any time or to report on events completed by you or other BBDRC members.
Events which Paul will automatically include are:
* All Saturday parkruns worldwide, where your BBDRC club affiliation is reported in results. [Special Xmas and New Year parkruns cannot be automatically searched, although those close to Bungay may be checked.]
* Events with results on the Internet which INCLUDE club affiliation and
Please email results for all other events (ideally include a link if the results are online), and please do mention the names of any other Black Dogs you know took part, especially if the results do not indicate club affiliation.