Corona Canter Virus Virtual 10 km
Corona Canter Virus Virtual 10km run: UKA Licence number 2020-40845
Time is an artificial construct and of no use to Man. You can still enter and run/jog/walk 10km until Wednesday 5th August. Please submit all times by 15th August 2020.
Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to complete 10km on foot anytime from 1st to 31st July 2020. You may walk, jog, run or some combination thereof. When you have completed the distance simply email the date you completed the event and the time you took to the address below. Your results will be uploaded to our Results Board and you will receive a commemorative medal by post.
We don’t need to see you on Strava or any other platform. We trust what you tell us; you sleep with your conscience, we don’t. You can repeat your run as many times as you like within the month. If you achieve a faster time simply re-submit your results. You only get one medal though.
The proceeds (entry fee of £8 minus cost of medal, postage and Paypal fee) from this Virtual event will be donated to the NSPCC and the Boudicca Appeal, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital specialist breast cancer unit. Apologies-as this is an event primarily to raise money for local charities we will not give refunds if you are subsequently unable to complete the event.
The Sensible stuff
You know this already.
- Please take part safely and follow current government guidelines regarding social distancing and infection control.
- Select your route carefully, taking into account time of day and length of time that you will be running for and presence of traffic. We advise you to wear high visibility clothing. Please don’t have anything in or around your ears which can interfere with hearing traffic and other road users.
- Make sure you are well hydrated and warmed up sufficiently before your run. You may wish to carry additional water. Please ensure you take inhalers and any other items that you may require with you. In very hot weather we would advise you to avoid running in the hottest parts of the day.
- If you have any doubts regarding your fitness to complete the event, please speak to your GP.
- In case of accident or injury, we recommend that you take a mobile phone with you. Make sure you inform someone of where and when you are going and advise them when you return.
- Carry an ICE (In Case of Emergency) card or have it stored in your phone.
- UK Athletics minimum age for running 10km is 15 years.
Medal produced by Steve Sadd, Creative Engraving