- As we end 2020 and move into 2021 I think it’s worth mentioning some of the people that keep the cogs of the club running as #TopDogs this week.
Jayne Capps-Jenner and the rest of the main committee, these guys give up so much of their own time on the club’s behalf.
- Tony Morley and Rachel Hirst for compiling this newsletter week in, week out.
- Gus Riley for being our Covid coordinator and making sure the correct protocols are in place and we stay safe when we’re allowed to run at BARC and in groups.
- Ady King for administering the payment cards.
- Sue Wright for administering Eventbrite.
- Jackie Bell and all the club coaches and LiRFs for creating and leading the great training sessions and standing out in all weathers whilst we’re out running.
- John Wharton for the colossal job of maintaining (and constantly improving) BARC for us.
- Christine Muttitt and all those involved in juniors.
- Sarah Wilby and Fudge Farrar for running our social media platforms.
- Bobbie Sauerzapf and Chris Chorley for not only captaining the cross-country team but generally being on hand to support with most things to do with the club and sorting the Covid Canter, Sizzling Sixty and Virtual Groggy Doggy events.
- Everyone who has in some way volunteered their own time to support the club from joining working parties at BARC, coordinating teams for virtual events/challenges to cleaning the toilets!
It’s all appreciated.
Don’t forget we want to hear about your running achievements, it’s not all about speed and PBs either. Have you done something for the first time or something you’re proud of, email me. to feature in #TopDogs. You can also nominate others if you see or hear of an amazing achievement that should be recognised.