(official club top must be worn during these events)
County Cross Country championships
These are usually held on the first Sunday in January. To be eligible you must have been born in the relevant county or have been resident there for at least the preceding nine months. Please consult the relevant County Athletics website for further details.
Suffolk Winter League
The SWL website is here . You can find the results and other details there, the following is a summary of the important information.
Entry fee is £5. Juniors free
Age categories are determined by your age on the date of the first race (juniors too). Minimum age is 11 years on 3/11/19. Juniors are 11 -15 inclusive. 16s are adults. Some (not all) venues have an under-11s race.
Race distances are around 5 miles for adults, 4km or 2.5 miles maximum for juniors.
Usual rules apply and all runners MUST wear club kit of the same design, definitely NOT attendance t shirts or summer series memorial shirts or race for life pink stuff… Guests may run with permission of race ref and race director (Please ask first).
- November 3rd Framlingham (near the castle)
- December 15th Woodbridge (Sutton Heath)
- January 19th Stowmarket (Haughley Park)
- February 16th. Bury St Edmunds (Venue TBC)
- March 8th. BBDRC (Woodton TBC) – remember we need cakes and marshals !
- March 22nd or 29th. Haverhill